Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all! I've just bought an ex-Motability Life on a 57 plate (petrol) with 18k on clock. It's great, but seems a tad heavy on juice. Can anyone please offer any practical solution(s) to this. I used to have a Zafira Club on an 03 plate a few years back, that was fairly economical. Apart from this, they are a truly great car!

·
Registered
13 Posts
has the car had a sevice recently? try changing the fuel filter! hope this helps bud.Mind fuel prices have rocketed so much less for your money now bud

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 1.6 with the z16xep engine. It does 32 mpg on local runs. Can't tell you what it does on a long run as have only had this one for 2 months. As jeffw said a good service is the key to good fuel economy. Don't go looking for a fuel filter though on a 2007 1.6 there isn't one. There is a air filter though and if its dirty it will make a difference to your fuel economy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As we were talking about servicing your Zafira here's a little warning if you go looking for a manual on line. My experience has been that there's loads of copies of Vauxhall's TIS Manuals out there and unlike Volvo and Volkswagon, Vauxhalls manuals are no a lot of use to the home repairer. I went as far as spending £15 to get what I thought would be a good manual from a online supplier Emanualonline.com Guess what turned up, a copy of a Vauxhall TIS manual.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got 1.8 sri and average 32.5mpg. Have got tyres at 34 psi, a tad lower than the vaux economy settings. Mine has not had main dealer service so perhaps will splash the cash for 4th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts