Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can anyone point me in the right direction?? I do have 20 yrs mechanical experience. But never come across a puzzle like this one.

So last night i pick my missus up from work, the car drove there fine. Stop start fine no problems. Then we drove down the road, a mile down the road th ABS and traction control came on, both counters lost power ( no rpm or speedo). I suggested to her to pull over and reset the system by turning the car off then back on. So we pulled over, turned off the car. Then we turned on the ignition then went too start the car, but there was nothing, the car wont crank over not at all.
So ive checked all fuses and relays, there all good. Ive tried a fresh battery, that didnt work.
Any ideas please

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ive had the car plugged upto a comp. (By the AA). He couldn't access the ecu not at all. There is no power in the system from ecu to cam sensors or any other sensor. But there is power from bat too ecu.
I have also noticed the glow plug light doesn't eliminate when ignition is on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive made sure all earth contacts are clean, im considering the mcu (multifunction control unit). Has broken down. Can anyone suggest a company who can reprogram a 2nd hand mcu???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive got the same problem drove it to my mates last nite so he could change a stering pump and wouldnt turn over after the battery went compleatly flat any ideas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts