Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.I have a Zafira B 1,9 cdti 100hp 11/2005.Recentlywhen I try to start upthe engine,in some situations the engine simply wont turn.(a bit like in "old" days when a bad starter relay or ingine switch was the fault)When it happens I discovered that the service lamp blinks and a relay in the back of the car clicks, but thats all. If I turn completly off and try again, it works fine.Also in some situations theengine start, but cut off after one second.any suggestions.Regard, Anders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The only time I have had anything similar is after I dropped the ignition key. There's a transponder in the key that is intended to prevent the car from being stolen. The engine turns over but does not start, almost like fuel starvation. If you have two keys, try using the other to start the car. Fortunately I did this by LUCK! When I opened the key I realized that the battery connector had broken, so I'm down to one key. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer.I think you are right.I think it simply loose the signal from the transponder. In my case the engine wont turn at all.When the fault appers,I turn the key 180deg and try again, whith luck. I have two keys and the spare key can in some situations do the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a very similar problem- Very intermittent and progressively got worse!(Zafira 1.8 petrol SRI 2006)
All the ignition lights and radio would all work but the engine did not turnover!
The car was under warranty at the time so took to Vauxhall dealer garage.
They tried re-programming keys and could not find the fault!
Eventually after I kept taking car back they replaced the wiring switch connected to the Key barrel.(I will check with garage what part was replaced tomorrow as taking car for mot. If they have info I will post tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re-previous reply - Checked at Vauxhall garage where they fixed my problem and all they would tell me is it was the "CIM" = ColumnIntegratedmodule.hope this helps best of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts