Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. i am paul and have recently stopped being a mechanic ( after 20 years) due to an injury.
Anyway here is my dilema......i have owned a 2001 zafira 2.0dti for about 2 and a half years and to be honest have not really had any problems with it.....until now!

whilst driving it back in november i had a small bump in it that basically did very little damage apart from a broken headlight. I quickly noticed that the cruise control had stopped working, the brake lights were constantly on and so was theengine management fault light!!!.I proceeded to adjust the brake switch but now i get an intermittent fault where the EML comes on and the cruise control stops working?

Could this be down to a badly adjusted brake switch/Faulty brake switch or something else?
The brake lights still operate correctly and the car drives fine with no loss of power!!!

I am kind of at a loss as to what it can be withoutpaying a fortune to have thefaults read. Has anyone else come across this problem?
From reading some other sites was wondering if it could be air intake related as i can make it go off when i pull up at a junction and it returns to idle?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts