Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 1.6 2001 club zaffy and 2 weeks ago the back brakes started rubbing so changed the brake shoes on both sides and also 1 of the brake cylinders.. now im gettin a knokcin noise when braking at low speeds? what is this? help :) tia

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is the braking affected at all? Does it shudder?And is there heavy grooves in the brake discs when you changed the pads?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are no heavy grooves in the drums if thats wats u mean? as they are drums on the back and also no it doesnt seem to affect braking and it doesnt shudder either... just abit worried as ive got a 4 month old... last thing i wanna do is take her out in it while its doing thative also noticed sometimes when i apply the brakes i hear a clunk noise ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ok, so do the drums have any lips or grooves that the new shoes could be forcing themselves into? Sorry if I seem to be teaching you to suck eggs but it might be worth opening your drums again and make sure everything is in the right place. Are the clips that holds the shoes in place still fitted and not moving around and make sure the adjustable spreader bar fitted the correct way.

Mine failed MOT on insufficient braking. Turned out Vx had fitted them the wrong way round so they were loosening off as I was braking. Tw*ts.

Does the clunk occur on one or both sides and is it always at a particular point of braking? Does it also occur when you pull on the hand brake?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont hear it when applyin the handbrake just when brakeing normally the knocking noise seems to have gone now butthe clunk is still there? i think im gonna get my local garage to have a quick check of it :) the clunk is at a perticular point of braking, its just b4 u come to a stop... it does actually sound like a shoe possibly sticking?? is that possible?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts