Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , can anyone advise

I have a 64reg tourer and for past few months every so often the car will come up ( engine overheating stop) I have had RAC come out and shows exhaust gas temp sensor. I've had both changed yet problem still re ocuring more often now. Car constantly goes into limp mode and struggles up any incline. P000E code comes up on my diagnosis machine. Service soon keeps showing and when car hits limp service soon flashes. I have been looking into it and seems like something to do with pcm. But also mention pressurised fuel system.

Anyone have any ideas

Thank

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi , can anyone advise

I have a 64reg tourer and for past few months every so often the car will come up ( engine overheating stop) I have had RAC come out and shows exhaust gas temp sensor. I've had both changed yet problem still re ocuring more often now. Car constantly goes into limp mode and struggles up any incline. P000E code comes up on my diagnosis machine. Service soon keeps showing and when car hits limp service soon flashes. I have been looking into it and seems like something to do with pcm. But also mention pressurised fuel system.

Anyone have any ideas

Thank
Hi mate,

I have a very similar problem as you and am at a loss... did you find any resolution?

Mine is a 2013 Tourer, with the 2.0cdti engine (121kw). My car has come up with the "engine overheating" message twice now in the past 4 months, and the car has had to be towed. When scanned, it showed up as the exhaust gas temp sensor 1. I've had it replaced twice now.

Brief timeline of my issue:
- June 2020:
engine light came on. Disappeared after couple of days but I had it scanned at my local mechanic and he said it was an error with exhaust gas temp sensor 1. This was replaced.

- July 2020:
"engine overheating" message came up while driving. Went into limp mode and car was towed to mechanic. Strangely, the next day the car was working fine and mechanic couldn't find anything wrong with the car.

- Sept 2020:
"service car soon" message comes up. Car is due for service anyway so had a service and didn't think anything more of it.

- Oct 2020:
"engine overheating message came up again while driving. Car was towed to dealer. Dealer said there was an issue with exhaust gas temp sensor 1. Took the car back to my local mechanic and had the sensor replaced under warranty, thinking perhaps the new sensor installed may have been faulty?

- Nov 2020:
engine light came on. Took the car to the dealer who said it was the DPF that needed regenerating, and they did a forced regen for me.

Time will tell if my issue is solved, but I'm not confident. My wife drives the kids in the car and we're so nervous now driving it, just waiting for the "engine overheating" message and for the car to go into limp mode again!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts