Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i've had my zafira nearly a year with no problems at all but recently ithas developed a problem either with fuel or air intake related parts. it idle's irratically, up and down from about 750 -1500rmp, it will rev up but wont stay at a constant rmp it just dies out then it continues again up and down. it's imposible to gain speed over 30mph . i have cleaned out all vacum hoses aswell as the throttle body, checked all sensors an all seems ok can anyone help please ? any advice will be greatfully recieved
thanks.... footie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a 120 Diesel, and likewsie had a power loss. In my case it turned out to be the exhaust EGR valve.

Had this fitted and ecu remapped, like a new car now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
had loadsa vauxhalls over the years,had a similar problem with a tigra few years ago and the cat had collapsed, basically strangling the engine,took me weeks to find and even gave a good ish reading on gas analyser which led me chasing other things,complete slug of honeycomb(size of mars bar)detached from cat and travelled up exhaust jamming in silencer,gave erractic running and real flat performance,dunno if this helps?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have seen threads on other sites (vauxhall owners club) where peeps have removed and cleaned their EGR valves out and even their diesel particulate filters. These can also induce dramatic power loss.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts