Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 08 Zafira Elite now for just over a month and I am dissapointed with the MPG having owned the same engined Vectra.I was driving down the motoroway yesterday at 70mph in 6th and the Ints. Consumption was showing 30mpg.Interested to know how everyone else gets on with their MPG with this engine.

Edited by: circushead

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I've got a 2006 CDTi Sri 150 which is used mainly for local school run/commute within a 5 mile radius! For this purpose it is completely impractical and returns about 34mpg. On a couple of longer runs which I do regularly (500 & 700 miles respectively) which are a mix of A roads/dual carriageway and Mway where I'll happily put my foot down and blast along, I almost always average out at 54.3mpg which I htink is not bad considering the size and weight of the vehicle with 2 adults, 2 children, luggage and a mutt in the back!

That said, I never use the sport button for anything other than pulling out sharpish from dodgy junctions and ensuring a quick overtake when necessary. I find its the fastest way to watch the fuel tank drop to empty!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2007 cdti 1.9 Sri 150. I find that 6th gear is useless below about 80-85. Anything below that and I stay in 5th. The engine seems to labour at the lower rev's just to keep going in 6th thus useing more fuel. I get much better fuel comsumption sticking in 5th unless I'm really in a rush.

Mick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts