Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody,i just wondered if anyone out there could help,my new zafira 1.7 ecoflex is supposed to get 62 /55/46.well i have tried everything,the tyres are on 43psi because it says to get optimum mpg they should be inflated to that,i keep well within the power bands on rev counter,all in all i drive it properly,but can i get above 40 no i cant and the garage where it came from just say well its only a guideline what they print on mpg.anyone any ideas because i am now pulling my hair out.i got rid of my 53 plate picasso 1.6 8 valve petrol because it was only averaging 38 mpg to get what is supposed to be one of the best diesels on the road only to find its rubbish,cheers everybody,dave

·
Registered
98 Posts
Few questions for you dave73937

1. How old is your Zaff?
2. When was it last serviced?
3. Do you tend to make short journeys, or long stints on the motorway?

Let's see if we can clear this one up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 07 1.9cdti 150bhp and that has never returned anywhere near the published mpg figures either, admittedly I am mainly doing shortish 8 to 10 mile journeys but still pretty dissapointing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 1.8SRi 08 and I'm wondering what most people would average on a long Motorway journey? Mine normally averages 34. Is this normal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is very thirsty. Short trips through the week can leave it at 14mpg. Sometimes less! Runs fine though with no problems. Next I'm getting the VXR because it surely can't be much worse?

·
Registered
255 Posts
45 mile round trip to work. 50/50 motorway and through town and even with giving it a bit I still average 30/32 mpg. After reading some people's mpg I'm more than happy, especilally when the r'se end drops and the tool behind me disappears in my rear view. Back to the main point I can get 35mpg over the wk but how boring would that be lol...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do have a heavy right foot when accelerating around our ring road which doesn't help but I can't help feeling that its drinking too much when I'm doing 70ish. Maybe its due to my last car being a derv. I've never let the revs exceed 4k so its not thrashed either. I also feel sometimes that putting it in sport mode and driving sensibly seems better?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts