Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,i'm new to my 2.0 dtizafira,it's had it's teething problems which i've managed to muddle my way through most of them,so thought i'd join up and say hello so i can give or recieve any helpful tips along the way.
So far i had no second position on the ignition,so no radio or blower motor,which i fixed by taking the switch apart and soldered a blob onthe flat worn outcontact inside on one of the contact forks.
I had no heat coming through from the vents,the pollen filter was blocked solid.
I had 1 out of 4 glows working,managed to change 2 and snapped one,as per usual

So i have rigged up a push to break switch on the temperature sensor wire so when i press it,it brings the glow plugs on for longer because the ecu thinks it's -17 outside.
I took the inlet manifold off yesterday to cure the flat spot,and it was blocked right up as well,it took me ages getting the old bits of leak off pipe out of the holes for the crossover pipes.
Still got an outstanding rear window not working,no power at the plug and the fuse is fine,so i'm getting there slowly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ah one of those 'build it up over time' cars!! I've got one of those! With regard to the rear window, check the wiring at the bottom of the door.

On my 2 Zafs the wiring has gone here. You have to cut open the plastic boot covering to expose the wiring, but repair is very easy, just a bit restricted in space.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ben,where does the loom join ? just inside the car side of the loom ? if so i will unplug it and whip the door off.
I have a 56 plate cdti 150 vectra eliteand decided i didn't want to put anything in it, so bought the zafira cheap just to use as a van, so i expected it to have a few problems, but i must admit, I have enjoyed toying with it trying not to let it beat me,lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fixed it thankyou Ben, it was 2 broken wires, the red and the brown wires were completely broken.
Thankyou for pointing me in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts