Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - just signing in.

We have had a 2002 2.0 DTI from new and it has been an excellent car for us.

2 problems:

1. Engine management comes on when the car has been running under load for some time (motorway after 30 minutes, or up big hills), when we drop into limp-home mode. Hard to diagnose the problem - one garage suggested turbo seals (expensive to fix), but others said EGR valve. I am planning to try cleaning the EGR valve myself soon - still researching this on the internet. Any advice welcome.

2. Last week we got a leak of transmission fluid in the steering shaft just by the clutch cable, which meant we lost the power steering. Now fixed, but the whole unit, not just the seal, had to be replaced - expensive.

Cheers.
Doug

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi doug.

I don't know if the old DTi diesels have this problem but the newer CDTi engines have problems with the EGR valve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Well last time the EGR was cleaned by the garage, it seemed to fix the problem for a while so it seems likely that it was at least responsible in part. So I will try and give it a clean. Haynes manual doesn't seem very useful for this, but various internet discussions suggest it;s not hard to do.
Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts