Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name is james, im 33 and from Swansea.

Joined today hoping to get some info, as hopefully i will be the new owner of an x plated 1.6 in the morning !
Although i am buying it for the wife to get our 2 young kids, and our new baby to be here on the 24th around in

Problem is this zaf is missing, im guessing its the EGR but dont really know ?

Also a quick question, do 17" astra coupe alloys fit ?

Anyways, i'll have a quick look through the forum for info on missing 1.6's, and i'll keep you updated on the new purchase

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i bought it really cheap !!!

£400 for an x plate
, but she needs a little bit of a repair on the bottom of the passenger rear door, a new bonnet and she seems to be running on three cylinders ?

and she needs a **** good clean, the last owner used it as a van

Will get some pics up soon !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers matey !!!

Is there anyone on here breaking any Zaffy's ?
Just after some interior plastics like glovebox lid, central air vents, couple of small bits a boot roller cover and boot mat.

Oh and possibly a pair of GSi bumpers, Maybe ? if the wife lets me !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just found out today, the zafira i bought hoping wouldnt need much to sort.

Needs an engine stripdown and rebuild, or a new head.

Basically my mechanic had a look at it today and said she has 1 maybe 2 valves down in cylinder 1 !!!

Dont know what to do, do i break it ? do i fit my veccy 1.8 16v in it ? do i look for a head and hope for the best ? do i strip it down and rebuild ? or do i look for a c20let or z20let ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
that is bad news but heads a cheap 4 the 1.8 so id be tempted to do that but on the other hand id zlet it but thats just me i got zaffy gsi and i had a 1.8 before that there aint alot of differance that notice but the power delivery is much better but it is down to personal prefrence

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally, i would rather zlet it but my wife is a 26 Yo speed freak !
Insurance is fine as we are on a trade policy !

Just been offered a head delivered for £80, but think i might keep searching for one local !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah
, been on the phone to a mate who owns a local scrappy and he has 1 for £80 too.
only thing is the head gasket has failed, so might need skimming !!!

Might try doing the job myself too, as spoke to one of the lads i used to work with at the local MD and he told me £150 to swap heads plus £45 for skimming plus £50 for a head set.

Dont really know what to do ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i do mine my self and the prices he gave you are spot on thats wot i paid 4 mine and i was surprised how easy it was to do as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts