Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headlights on Zafira...arrrhhh
I've got 2005 B zafira and the offside headlight bulb stopped working. On inspection I found the wires to be completely rusted and not useable. I test the feed to see if I was still getting 12v through to the bulb in which case I could just replace the light fitting and voila. No! No feed.

I have searched in the handbook for whether there are fuses for these bulbs and some forums mention each headlight bulb has its own fuse? I can even find out this information on where they are for the headlights.

After testing all fuses in the fuse box under the bonnet and in the boot, all seem OK.

I decided to simply run a new wire from the other bulb (nearside) to feed the other bulb (sounds simple enough) This worked, BUT both the headlights only stay on for 3-15 seconds before they go out! Turn the light off and the on again and the same will happen.

Is there a relay clicking in or something? Can't be the fuse blowing as if you turn the lights off and then on again the both come back on.

Any advice guys, anyone know where/if there are fuses for these bulbs?

And why are the lights coming on for only a short period and then stopping?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi
Maybe the electics are detecting an unusual power draw (2 bulbs on 1 line) and shutting it down before overheating? I've noticed on mine that the lights don'treact straight away when I turn them on/off. I presume some black box is taking the inputs and deciding what to do. Only my guess though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
zafira30 said:
Headlights on Zafira...arrrhhh

I've got 2005 B zafira and the offside headlight bulb stopped working. On inspection I found the wires to be completely rusted and not useable. I test the feed to see if I was still getting 12v through to the bulb in which case I could just replace the light fitting and voila. No! No feed.

I have searched in the handbook for whether there are fuses for these bulbs and some forums mention each headlight bulb has its own fuse? I can even find out this information on where they are for the headlights.

After testing all fuses in the fuse box under the bonnet and in the boot, all seem OK.

I decided to simply run a new wire from the other bulb (nearside) to feed the other bulb (sounds simple enough) This worked, BUT both the headlights only stay on for 3-15 seconds before they go out! Turn the light off and the on again and the same will happen.

Is there a relay clicking in or something? Can't be the fuse blowing as if you turn the lights off and then on again the both come back on.

Any advice guys, anyone know where/if there are fuses for these bulbs?

And why are the lights coming on for only a short period and then stopping?

Thanks
i thought the canbus wireing system sends data down thru wireing system which runs thru a control unit,so don't think u can splice into existing wire other side as control unit will detect a fault and poss shut down whole lighting system,not sure tho and i will have to do more homework on canbus system,i'm sure it can't be treated as traditional 12v 'live' system,i think anything reto fitted ie non vauxhall plug n play needs bypass harness,but i could wrong ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts