Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
First post so hope someone can help
I have a 06 Zafira that lost power and went into limp mode the other day.
Called out AA they thought coil pack or cylinder problem (his diag meter saidmisfireon cylinder 2)
A friend of familyrecommendeda garage where we took the car, who replaced thecoilpack only to find itwasn'tthat, they then said its the injector and replaced that, still not working so left it with them. Called me backearliertoday and said they now think its a sticking valve and they have triedadditivesto free it, but it was unsuccessful. So they need to strip it down and charge £400.
I also have to pay for the coil pack £78 and injector £95 that itdidn'tneed, due to the fact they cannot return electrical items.
Anyone have any ideas on this as imcompletelyat a loss of what to do next.
any help appreciated.Kev

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why have you got to pay for something you did not need ? . I would be tempted to go elsewhere all they sound like they are doing is putting on parts till they find the right thing , they think its a sticking valve ?.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pulled the car today, they say their policy is with electrical parts once they fit them they cannot return them - a mate of mine last night said that was total rubbish.
hes going to look at car tonight.
they think sticking valve, mate thinks maybe not - id rather him look at it now as he wont charge until he fixes it.
Caused a bit of an argument this in the family as its her dads mates garage, but everyone we spoke to thinks the charging for injector and coil pack as not needed is poor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
had similar problem with 1.6 club model (spanner light on )
garage took car to VX dealer for diagnostic
dealer replaced faulty thermostat & water pump
fault now cleared
hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reference to the limp mode problem..This happened to me too on my 56 plate zaffy turned out to be the EGR valve which was clogged i drive a lot of miles from (uk to Germany) and once it was replaced the fault was cleared hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
mrchimps said:
Hi,
First post so hope someone can help
I have a 06 Zafira that lost power and went into limp mode the other day.
Called out AA they thought coil pack or cylinder problem (his diag meter saidmisfireon cylinder 2)
A friend of familyrecommendeda garage where we took the car, who replaced thecoilpack only to find itwasn'tthat, they then said its the injector and replaced that, still not working so left it with them. Called me backearliertoday and said they now think its a sticking valve and they have triedadditivesto free it, but it was unsuccessful. So they need to strip it down and charge £400.
I also have to pay for the coil pack £78 and injector £95 that itdidn'tneed, due to the fact they cannot return electrical items.
Anyone have any ideas on this as imcompletelyat a loss of what to do next.
any help appreciated.Kev
Sounds more like an EGR/DPF issue to me. It's obviously a diesel due to the coilpack but which engine?

Some 1.9's (not all) seem to have recurring issues with the DPF/EGR - Luckily, the EGR can be cleaned pretty easily and the code will normally go away.

Can you do a pedal test?

No key in the ignition with the brake and accelerator pushed down. Put the key in, turn to position 2 so electrics are on and then look at the display.

Note down the codes that are stored and post them up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts