Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all Hello to you all,

Just got my first Zafira after having Ford 7 seaters for years. It is much more car like than my previous Galaxies which is good for the 95% of the time I am in it by myself. The first thing I do when I get a car is join the fourms, these places are invaluable.

My only problem with the car is a 0170 fault code. It failed its MOT on the emmissons but it was thought this was because of a leak in the exhaust between the two sensors. The exaust was changed but it still failed on everything so I changed the MAF and it passed. 10 Miles later the light is back on. I am reluctant to take it back to the garage as it has already cost me £170.

They seemed to think it was not the first sensor as it looks quite new and it was not the second sensor as it was this one that is telling the car that is is running rich.

Am I just best changing the lambda sensors or has anyone got any ideas. I have read somewhere that it may be related to the thermostat. My temp guage never gets past 1/4 so that may have something to do with it.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jase

·
Registered
9 Posts
my thermostat never goes past quarter either but the mot not due till 3 weeks so dunno if it will passs the mot , have you called vauxhall service and asked them what that code means ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to update everyone, the light has gone out now. It's been off for a few days now so I will see how it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts