Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shocked that there are nothreads in this section!!

no-one had the rear windows tinted, smoked side reapters, wind deflecters or anythingelse? not talking boy racer stuff just nice subtle mods?

·
Registered
3 Posts
thinking of putting a dtm twin upswept back box on mine, i have audi r8 style side lights at the bottom of my fron bumper looks good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wel my zafira had a hid headlight .and a cat bak exhaust, but i think its too lound. i cant stand it when i get on motor way!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
alex ye said:
wel my zafira had a hid headlight .and a cat bak exhaust, but i think its too lound. i cant stand it when i get on motor way!!!
done the same with mine,4 branch manifold and de cat pipe, part longlife exhaust(swansea branch very helpful),and part powerflow exhaust,but it is tad noisy inside car but sounds lovely from outside,but i am toying with putting decibel killers in back box just to quieten things a little
were u one of the 3 zaffy boys from this site that i met on the migweb meeting/runout @ sarn sunday 6th ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
ebay- they do get full leather interiors now and again but expect £400 upwards have seen em reach £650 !!!! front seats only vectra b fit(i've done this),so do astra 4 and 5,or then re trim which could be costly

·
Registered
31 Posts
talking of mods only had mine a week so watch this space, think turbo is nearly ready for upgrade ,remap, full stainless, sshhhhhhhh dont tell the wife

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is things that I want to do the me zaffy just gotta save the pennys to do it at the moment.

Different Headlights
Replace Bonnet Grill/Manke Badgeless
K&N Airfilter
Better Sparks
ECU Re-Map
Refit Stereo Paint Control Surrounds
Retro Fit Cruise and Trip Computer
New interior(Cost and Availibility permitting
Fix Rear O/S door electrics and retro fit electric windows
Install DVD system for the kids
Tint rear passenger/quater pannel and rear windows
install 12v Socket in O/S boot panel.
Alloys and 16" wheels
Drop the suspension approx 30mm if possible
Retro fit rear discs
Wrap colour to Satin Black and obtain/make Chrome Bump Strips
Restore/Replace Ariel Mount

But alas ther is no time frame for this and no garentee that I'll manage it within the life of the car.

dodger

·
Registered
31 Posts
i tinted my old zaffy ones myself it was soooooo easy, as long as you get a decent quality film and have a little patience, depending how money goes for me i may have a very tidy set of snowflakes up for sale in the next few month, also sold a set of used springs on ebay a couple of weeks ago for £20 they had been sat in my garage for a year since i sold my last bus, typical eh

·
Registered
136 Posts
Upgrade the turbo to a vxr and if you can get a intercooler sprayet for sudden boost when u need it.Cheers ray

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im new to turbos had plenty performance cars but always beenworried about the reliability of turbos so stayed clear, is the vxr turbo much better than the gsi, i heard you need a fitting kit and the actuator needs setting up???????????????????? im pretty good with cars but wouldnt have a clue about setting up a turbo.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got a vxr turbo from a mate who works at vauxhall reading, yes u do need a new reculator i got mine from tx autosport and they gone the hard work and i just paid,you notice a huge boost difference with the turbo, if u dont want a new turbo go to a breakers yard or turbotechnics for a reconditioned low compressoin turbo. Cheers ray

·
Registered
78 Posts
When you do theVXR turbo conversion you should do the cdt airbox conversion aswell ,VXR mass airflow and VXR injectors .As for my own mods so far I have put a debadged grill on ,Team Heko wind deflectors, uprated the droplinks to metal ones and put some nice 6 piece mats in . On the to do list is a Oil Catch tank, get my front and rear brakes done, rear spoiler , smaller aerialand some sill protectors.

Edited by: kevin f

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a few
will post them up later .Nearly forgot I debadged the bootlid and I might put some pressed numberplates on

·
Registered
78 Posts
Will get some pics of the other stuff mid-week got a bit more cleaning to do

Edited by: kevin f

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had 18s on my old zaf off my vectra but it was very bumpy and caught the arches when i had a fill car so dropped onto the spare irmscher softstar 16s i had and it was fantasic, sat lovely,comfy ride too

1 - 20 of 22 Posts