Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have warbling type noise when driving at low speed/town driving. Vauxhall dealer has changed turbo as this is apparently the source of the noise but hasnt made any difference. I am told that vauxhall say this is an ongoing problem with the engine. is this correct

·
Registered
18 Posts
jimmydevil got the same problem its like a bottle filling up underv the bonnet took it back to dealer guy said something to do with fuel filters or pump they changed the filters .then i drove over to europe 400 miles or so noise come back carried on the engine never faltered got 63.4 mpg thro netherlands flat& cruise control so i dont thinkit has anyeffect on the engine. gonna drive it another 2/300 miles see wot happens let you know if i find out anything

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sounds very similar but dealer said it was a turbo noise. They changed turbo and it's still there so I don't think it's that. I'll be interested in what you find.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I noticed you live at Loughborough is it Archie Moss you deal with as I travel to Coalville I use the one based there. Which is where I took it last time

·
Registered
5 Posts
jimmydevil do you hear this noise when changing gear or idle. If so this could be what mitch939 said which is field remedy 2347 air bubbles getting into the fuel system. IfI can be of anyfurther help message me, as I do know alot about this remedy. My own car has this problem!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
noise hater have theychanged your filters and feed pipr and the noise has gone?????they changed my filters but after a while it came back so if yours has gone i wonder ifit is the feed pipe which i dont think they have changed keep thinking fuel pump whatdo you think

·
Registered
5 Posts
They changed the fuel filter and it went and came back, they then changed the filter and feed pipe but this did nothing. How new is your zafira?? We have now had a refund on our car due to said noise!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
No on the field remedy they say in big letters DO NOT CHANGE HIGH PRESSURE PUMP, we have a letter from vauxhall that says if the field remedy does not fix it it then becomes a characteristic.You do know that you can ask for a vauxhall technician to come down from head office and look at your car. If we can give you any more information or help, do not hesitate to contact us.ecoflex at virgin media dot com

·
Registered
2 Posts
I brought a zafira 1.7 diesel in jan we also have agurglingnoise in the engine, I have taken it back to the dealers and they said there was nothing wrong just a common fault. does this sound like your problem too thank yousteven

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mitch. Did you get any feedback from the dealer. I still have the noise but havn't done anything with fuel filter yet.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts