Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, iv got a 2001 zafira 1.8 comfort, for the last month it has been making a whistling noise when i accelerate, its like a turbo, if the car is parked up and revved it doesnt do it, if i put the car in neutral whilst driving and rev it the noise is there, took it to a mechanic and he doesnt know what it is. iv checked the throttle body/pipes ect and theres no leaks, can anyone please offer any advice on what it may be, thanks</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Sean,

Funny thing that Sean, as I have the same kinda thing happening myself at the moment, on my Zaf - an '06' plate Expression 1.6 16v petrol.

Can't seem to find out exactly 'where' in the engine bay the sounds eminates from, but it IS there somewhere!?

It'll be interesting to see what others make of it though. ;) If i manage to tie the sound down, i'll be sure and post back here on it mate.

All the best,

Grim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi, thanks mate, if i ever find out i'll also let you know. i was told on another forum that it could be thatthe inlet manifold bolts need tightening, i havnt tried this yet though as it seems difficult to get to the bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts