Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

Parking Sensor speaker

8K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  micky 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a 06 Zafira Club, it has rear parking sensors, although I'm not convinced they are factory fit.

Any idea how I can muffle the speaker for the parking sensor, I don't have an option to turn off the parking sensor, and it sounds like the speaker is in the support bar between the driver and rear passenger.

I've had to unplug the speaker connector as it wakes our son up when he's fell asleep in the car its so loud!

Any feedback appreciated!

#2 ·
Hello mate.
I'm new to this site so I hope i'm doing this right.
I work for company that imports parking systems and sensors.
If it is an aftermarket kit there will be a ECU for the sensors somewhere usually behind one of then side trim panels in the boot.
This will be about the size of a *** packet or slightly larger. There should be connecters/plugs for the sensors, the power and the buzzer (sometimes the power and buzzer are on the same plug).
If you want use the sensors during normal use but turn them off when your boy is asleep why not put a small switch in the trim and connect the live to the ECU through that.
Or if you can get to the speaker itself then just stick a piece of tape/foam over the top.
These buzzers are nothing special and can be bought from places like Maplins so you could try another one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.