Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div style="color: rgb20, 20, 20; : rgb249, 249, 249; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Tahoma, Georgia, serif; line-height: 1.4; -: none; margin-top: 8px; margin-right: 8px; margin-bottom: 8px; margin-left: 8px; word-wrap: break-word; overflow-y: ; ">Hi Everyone
Just had a new battery and alternator fitted to my Zafira. However the battery light still flashes on when I brake and the revs drop to between 700 - 900 rpm. This only happens when the the air vents are on full number 7.
I have had a load test done and at idle the battery is showing 14.2 under load 13.9 to 14.0.
What i would like to know is why is the battery light flicking on. I recently had work done on the fuse box could this be related?
Thank you in anticipation

·
Registered
13 Posts
This sounds like a bad earth, or a faulty alternator and when the electrical system is under load shows up.
The way the charging system works is quite simple.
you have three connections to the alternator 12V+ to Batt Earth and Exciter.
The exciter connection is a + 12v feed via the Batt light on the dash.
When the engine is not running the batt light is connected to negative via this connection through the alternators voltage regulator and stator (the part that rotates). When the engine is running there is enough positive current generated by the stator to extinguish the batt light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts