Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi EveryoneI am in need of some advice and help ! I have an 07 zafira 1,9d. It drives normally then suddenly the speedo needle starts flicking and bouncing up and down, soon after the speedo goes right round the clock and stays at maximum speed. The car then starts kangarooing and trying to cut out. If you are lucky you can go into second keep your foot down and after several minutes of near kangerooing, almost cutting out and embarassing car honking and traffic hold ups the engine then seem to go back to normal until the next time! I have taken it to garages and even the vauxhall dealer but they all say they do not know what the problem is.I am at the end of my teather and desperate for any help or advice anyone can offer please!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. had the same on a old zafria Y reg, nearly killed myself a couple of times with the same problem. Vauxhalls eventually sorted problem but changeinggas pedal which has an electrical actuator on its side. Not a cheap fix and slightly labour intensive but it sorted the problem out. Main agent could not fix this at first because of no fault codes. The AAconfirmed the problemon a breakdown and after an arguement with the main agent , they fixed it under warranty.Morph

·
Registered
4 Posts
alternator is on it's way out. have you tried the pedal test to get the error codes read? If you don't know what the pedal test just google it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The kangaroo-ing is probably the anti-stall kicking in when the engine wants to stop. The speedo makes me think electrical, so there should be a fault code.

Might be barking up the wrong tree, but Zafira B electrical gremlins have sometimes been known to come from the fusebox in the engine bay - if it's not shut properly water can get in and chaos ensues. Might be worth looking for fuses with rotten (going green) connectors in there.

DAve

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had another idea. The speedo works off the near side wheel bearing/sensor, if the wiring or even the sensor is playing up the car will get very confused as your trying to drive etc but the car doesn't think it's moving or maybe moving really fast but the engine doesn't agree, it's all these computers disagreeing with one another.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve driving an old Zafira mk1 diesel
The battery warning light has cone on and the power steering has stopped working can you please advise to the problem and the remedy please

1 - 6 of 6 Posts