Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Zafira 1.7 diesel is possessed! I need an exorcist...

When I stop the car and turn the ignition off I can hear the power steering pump running and I can turn the wheel with no resistance. Also, there is medium pitched sound coming from the throttle body, or whatever the thing before the egr is called. Had the egr out, sound still there.

Now, sometimes when the power steering pump is running without the engine running, all I have to do is turn the wheel a couple times and it stops. Not always. And the sound from the throttle body sporadically starts even without the key in the ignition.

I had the fuse box out to check for water, switched relays around. If I pull fuse 27 the steering pump stops.

Any ideas anyone? Much appreciated!

·
Registered
95 Posts

When I stop the car and turn the ignition off I can hear the power steering pump running and I can turn the wheel with no resistance. Also, there is medium pitched sound coming from the throttle body, or whatever the thing before the egr is called. Had the egr out, sound still there.

Now, sometimes when the power steering pump is running without the engine running, all I have to do is turn the wheel a couple times and it stops. Not always. And the sound from the throttle body sporadically starts even without the key in the ignition.

I had the fuse box out to check for water, switched relays around. If I pull fuse 27 the steering pump stops.

Check the UEC pins for corossion

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the UEC pins for corossion

Ye, definitely sounds like a demonic possession! Maybe hang some garlic and a crucifix on the rear view mirror, fill the radiator with holy water and recite the lords prayer whilst awaiting the arrival of a priest!!9 👍 Good luck! 🤣

1 - 4 of 4 Posts