Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, am looking at buying a Zafira. I took a 20032.0dti with98000 milesfor a drive today and like it alot, i have a few questions regarding the car. The clutch seemed to have a bit of judder, not sure if it was my driving or if this can be a problem with these cars and also from cold it seemed to smoke white smoke but it went away very quickly, like about 500 meters, is this a problem or normal as i have read that these cars use a significant amount of oil??
Any help will be appreciated
Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
well im not 100% on dtis as i own a gsi but things i would look out for is if the smoke was comming from the turbo as if the turbo is on its way out can be expensive, as for the clutch was it ok after you drove it or did the judder not get any better once driving ?

as for the oil i change mine every 2000-2500 miles so cannot help you on that mate

jamie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Jamie, how would i tell if it is the turbo? it wasnt whistling loudly and pulled really well.. the clutch judder seemed to happen all the time? think i need to possibly drive another one to compare??

·
Registered
13 Posts
if the turbo was on its way out the turbo its self would smoke and there would be oil around the turbo, also the shaft inside would have play but you ouldnt be able to check the shaft as its an internal componant, and if it pulls realy well i would expect the turbo is fine, as for the clutch i would drive another one jut to be sure if the clutch is going on it try knocking him down a bit as it will cost around 300 pound to get done (just a rough estimate could be a bit more a bit less) the catalic converter could be knackered if its smoking a bit ?

jamie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts