Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
For some time I have had some difficulty selecting bottom gear and it is much worse when cold. However, with a bit of manipulating (from second) it go's in OK and as the days go's on after using the gears more the problem is less frequent. Now the problem has spread to reverse which is sometimes almost impossible to select. Normal gear change when mobile is no problem in higher gears.

Any ideas anyone please? A quick response appreciated as my daughter is waiting to borrow my car!!! Cheers

Edited by: henry-root

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lift the gaiter up from the gear stick and have a look at a plastic pin approx 10mm in diameter, this goes through the white plastic elbow joint on the left hand side of the gear selector assy - you will only be able to see the very end of it - the clips, but the clips break over time, causing the elbow joint to move all over the place. Resulting in a difficulty selecting 1st gear
Sadly this pin - if broken, is not a Vx stock part, as it is part of the whole gear selector assy.
It may be worth trying to make a replacement for this pin, as the gear selector is £163.
This was the fault with my Zaf.
Oilburner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts