Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd list my DTurbo 1.8 Zafiras problems and rough mileage so others can be prepared (!)
This car is regularly serviced and I've not listed the wear and tear of breaks / discs / tyres + 1 exhaust

0-159,000 MILES - three sets of front springs. First set less than 5,000 miles

89,000 MILES - rear passenger door hinges detached and dropped into door body. Never abused and hardly used : Rusted? Central locking failed until wired cut. Unable to lock car.

110,000 MILES - spare wheel holder jammed and retaining nut stripping, failed in emergency, wheel inaccessible

125,000 radiator leaking, no one able to find cause. ( and no ,not cylinder head gasket)

155,000 MILES - turbo seals went, ate all the oil and died. Garage found valves very mucky so engine thoroughly cleaned. Failed in use

157,000 MILES - crank shaft sensor, failed in use

158,000 MILES - crank shaft pulley bearings

159,000 windscreen wipers worn and can't be used in dryer conditions as hit each other and break, failed in use on motorway.

159,000 MILES - gear stick linkages worn out, failed in use

159,000 MILES - ball joint, front passenger side

159,000 MILES - power steering playing up.......waiting to die

The moral is ....if your car is approaching 150,000 miles then BRACE YOURSELF and your pocket.

Beth

·
Registered
21 Posts
You did not mention the age and model of your Zafira, so it is difficult to gauge whether the problems you have listed are expected or not.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd be happy with that! Nothing lasts forever and everything has a lifetime. You've done well, but at 150,000miles, the car is pretty much at the end of it's life. :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
there is no 1.8 turbo on zafiras

<div style="display: none; : fixed; width: 450px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 2px; border-left-width: 2px; border-top-style: dashed; border-right-style: dashed; border-bottom-style: dashed; border-left-style: dashed; border-top-color: grey; border-right-color: grey; border-bottom-color: grey; border-left-color: grey; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; : rgb255, 255, 255; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; min-height: 200px; : 2147479999; text-align: center; color: rgb0, 0, 0; right: 0px; top: 0px">< style="height: 80px; width: 444px; border-top-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-left-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-right-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-bottom-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-top-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px">< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="auto" ed="ed">Detect language< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish⇄< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="nl">Dutch< value="en" ed="ed">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish<div style="text-align: left; : rgb235, 239, 249">English (auto-detected) » English<div style="width: 444px; max-width: 444px; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px; min-height: 80px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: grey; border-right-color: grey; border-bottom-color: grey; border-left-color: grey; : rgb255, 255, 255; text-align: justify">

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Zafira comfort dti is nearing 12 years old but has only 57k on the clock. She passed her last mot this month, warning about back brakes but all other seemed fine. Today I tried to start her and she wouldnt catch. There were clouds of black smoke coming out of the exhaust and I fear I have flatened the battery trying to get her started. Help please..in ordinary english if you can as I am no techy. thanks lynne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I had all the glow plugs replaced the last time it did this about 12 months ago. I have spent over a grand trying to sort this problem out. As I type my car is sitting on the drive..again. Ive been on a 600 miles trip and all ok. Tried to get to the supermarket on Sunday and it wouldnt start again. More clouds of black smoke, clattering under thebonnet and an almost dead battery from, trying to get her going. Ive had three different mechanics look at this so far, they change this and that but its still a problem. Any ideas please??

·
Registered
5 Posts
i had the windscreen wiper problem, last time in pouring rain on dual carriageway, it turned out that wiper set are 2 sizes on mine, and had been fitted wrong way round once swapped over it hasnt done it since.
might be worth a try on yours

·
Registered
34 Posts
i had the wiper blade problem myself after switching them on while bades frozen to screen one moved t'other didn't, i had turned them off and free'd blade off windscreen by hand, blades were then misaligned realigned them but would tie again esp'on fast wipe. wiper arm was seen to be free moveing on spline. slackened off the 13mm nut then let the wipers move to rest position, i aligned them as described elsewhere bottom 3.5 cm from bottom of glass and top about 8.0cm , tightened up the 13mm nut on top the spline and hopefully its job done.. take care with the plastic nut cover as time makes it brittle and heavy handedness will break it off :-/. halfords replacement blades -one is 9mm shorter than t'other. short one should go on rhs i'd guess.?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.