Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Newbie here. I have a problem with my 2007 Zafira B 1.6 Life Petrol. I bought it in September 2020 cheap. It has been well used but mechanically is sound for a Petrol engine (Z16XEP) that has done 180,000 miles. It sounds really sweet and runs beautifully, except, when she starts to get hot she loses her idle. She starts straight back up but will not idle, drives perfectly, still has power, just will not idle. This continues for about 5 minutes and then she'll clear and everything is fine again. It only happens when the engine is hot. There are no fault codes and I am getting to the end of my tether as we can't go any further than about ten miles before this happens. I have replaced the Temp Sensor, Crank Sensor, Coil Pack, Air Filter and performed an Oil and Filter change. I'm desperately looking for some advice here as I can't afford large amounts of money and the car is getting closer to the breakers every day. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, Cheers Guys. I thought I might have got some suggestions from a site called Zafira Owners.co.uk, but obviously not. It seems the wife's suggestion would be the best then....... "Scrap it!"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Am no expert but could be the Idle Control Valve.
I say that because the cars brain reads various inputs such as engine temp and ambient temp in order to control this valve so the right air and fuel mixture is obtained when idling or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Raytastic. I have heard mention of the Idle Control Valve before. It just remains now to see if I can repair/clean it or whether it will have to be replaced. Again. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts