Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
My Mum and dad have a Zafira 2000 Model and a while back the battery died thus the radio hasn't worked for months due to the it requiring the security code.
We can't find it anywhere, Should it be in the manuals? if so where because we can't find itor is it possible to get the code some otherway? we Phoned Vauxhall and they wouldn't help.
Thanks for any help
RobW

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can only get your code by either seeing if it's been written down by whoever changed it (go through every single page in the handbook, service cards, radio manual, etc... and look for a biro'd 4-digit number!), or by contacting the previous owner and asking them!

My new Zaf came with a credit-card sized service card on which I believe you were meant to write your radio code - do you have one of these in your pack?

If you can't get your code, then it CAN be reset by plenty independents - I'd try your local key-cutting agent (who can often reprogram remote car fobs, etc), auto-electricians (see your Yell Pages...), etc.

I'm pretty sure the radio will need removing first, but that's an easy job.

Ok, I'm guessing here, but I think the radio will allow a few attempts at entering codes before it locks up? After which you then need to wait a day or so befofre it gives you another chance? In which case, have you tried '0000' and '1234'?! Just in case the code has not been changed, and these are the 'default' ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts