Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I've got a 2007 zafira 1.8 designCan someone help?ive seen similar posts about this issue but not sure if its the same, my rear door wont open, I can hear the c/l working but theres no pressure on the handle could it still be the wiring? any ideas or help would be great!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi there, dose the door open from inside, it's quite common in zafira's that wires break in the rubber tube that runs from door to pillar. if you can open door check inside the rubber boot first for broken wire/s. if you cant see any broken wires pull each wire untill it pulls out then find that color the other end and repair. let me know how it goes.

Edited by: Craigmezza

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks craigmezza for the reply no it dosnt open outside or inside im not really clued up on this sort of stuff is it something I can do myself? or would it be better to get someone else to have a look?not really sure where to start on fixing it

·
Registered
195 Posts
It might be best to get a mate that knows abit about taking things apart. Because u will need to try and part remove door card from inside car to access the door catch n try to open door by fiddling with rods n bars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well....... spoke to Vauxhall and they've quoted me between £280 to £330 to fix if its worst case scenario and the solenoid has gone, he said its possible that it could just be broken wires or even just a block pin that's disconnected.Think im gonna try and tackle it myself worst comes to worst ill have to take it to Vauxhall.shame there isn't a youtube video on this fault

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right ive just read that I can access the wires from the front passenger door is this right?if so how do I remove them to check to see if there broken?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok little update you can access the wiring through the front but I was unable to pull the blue clip out as its too tight so I went on to try and take the door panel off but again to tight with the rear seats in the way so out of anger lol I smacked the door handle on the inside and it opened lol definitely a loose connection or something like that as it only opens when I put pressure on it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another little update the door now opens from the inside when the car is locked but it then releases all other doors any ideas of what is wrong?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well it's getting difficult to pinpoint problem now. At least we know the door opens now. You defo need someone who knows alittle about electrics to take alook for u. Hav u tried to remove door card now the door opens. And look for loose wobbly connections on door solenoid. I can't help much but guess. It could be 1 of many problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thing is it only opens when the car is locked I did try and take the opposite door off but think I broke one of the clips so I stopped only wanted to see what I was looking at before I attempted the other one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts