Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.2 petrol Zafira and the rear wyper does not work.
I have checked No 31 fuse and it looks okay.
When I switch on the rear wyper I can hear the motor working but the wyper does not move.
I tried to take the wyper arm off by removing the nut on the end of the wyper but seems to be stuck.
Can anyone help here on what the problem may be and how I go about repairing.

Cheers
Dougie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi DougieI had the same fault a few months back on my 51 plate 2.0 tdi. Hopefully my words will help you and get your wiper working again.To be honest I have found it difficult to remove the rear wiper arm from the motor spindle. If possible obtain a small two leg puller and it should pull the arm from the spindle. However do not be suprised if it does not work. It would help if you could soak the area where the arm and spindle meet with wd 40 or similar for a few hours before hand.If it works excellent if not the arm will need to be cut off. When the arm is off, take off the tailgate trim and then remove the motor securing screws and the wiring plug. When this is done you can strip the motor down and clean it all and all should be well and upon refitting etc it should work once again.I see you are a glasgow lad/lassie. Same as me so if you have any problems etc let me know and we can arrange a date/time at my place to help you out should you get stuck. I am in the g21 area. Let me know asap. All the best

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Glasgowboy.
I'll have a go at this at the weekend and let you know how it goes.
I'm fae Killie so not that far from you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have had exactly same problem.

You will have to use a puller, 2 or 3 legged to get the wiper arm off having first removed the nut. Do google search, Drapper, however special windscreen pullers are avaailable. You need to remove interior trim to access motor, remove using torx bits, loom simply unclips. What you will find is the gearing is seized, so clean out. If you are very lucky the main plastic drive cog will be OK, but I bet the worm drive will have ground out the teeth on the large cog and you are stuffed.

I wish I knew where to get hold of the large cog as it would be a simple replacement. New assembly is £140 main agents and S/H ones are very dear.

Reassemble using copper based anti seize grease, esp on the spindle and nut.

D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At last I managed to get the wiper arm off and inspect the motor.Spot on the plastic cog inside the motor has worn teeth hence the reason the wiper does not work. I take it this part can't be purchased on its own?I have tried my local breakers but no luck. Was not wanting to spend £80 for a new one so does anyone know where to buy cheap?Thanks again guy's for pointing me in the correct direction to find out the fault and to remove the motor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to ask when looking for a wiper motor would any engine size fit or does it need to be the one for the 2004 2.2 petrol moderl?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Dougiethere are a few breakers near here that have zafiras with rear wipers. If you send an e mail to me at [email protected] I will send back addresses and phone numbers and other useful info.Any zafira a motor will do but the zafira b is different and will not fit. Hear from you when you can

1 - 9 of 9 Posts