Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the rear doors on our zafira wont open with the remote and its not possible to manually - A, any ideas what could be the problem ? , and B, how to fix / or remove the rear door panel with the door closed?

·
Registered
56 Posts
hi skippy,i had same problem on my zaffy a,it turns out that where the harness passed thru door the wires had snapped,does ur speaker in door work? i had to repair wires with small new lengths as it had snapped in two places,and was close to multiplug in door,real fiddly to repair !! could also be solenoid which is part of lock and handle,quite a big item and looks expensive ??as for removing door panel with door closed there are quite a few screws i almost missed a couple,then sacrifice the plastic clips (white ones cheap in most motor factors or dealer)when u pull panel off,u might have to keep sliding seat back and fore,best of luck with that one fella !!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
yes unfortunally it is a common fault on zafiras it will be broken wiring to the motor is the cause,but if the motor is in dead lock and will not release then the first thing is to disconnect the car battery and leave it off for about ten minutes,reconnect it and see if the lock releases if not the next step is a hard one but is still possible.this is to peel the inner door trim off the top of the door frame and remove the outer door handle.with this removed you need to shock the motor by hitting the opening mechanism,then it is a simple solution with the door open repair the wiring loom of any broken wires and replace the motor as it will proberly be beyond repair.
i hope this helps,craig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts