Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Zafira B with climate control. Over a number of weeks the interior fan has been intermittent to a point where it would very occasionally burst into life on setting 7 only. It now just doesn't work at all. I suspected the blower resistor despite it having its recall done only 18 months ago. Eventually took it for diagnostics and they said there was no earth feed coming from the resistor pointing to the resistor needing replacing. But could also be the switch pack. Vauxhall wanted £351 to replace the resistor with no guarantee that was the fault. I said no. I will either live without a fan or give it a go myself.

Has anyone experienced similar with a climate control version of the system. It looks like the resistor is different to the manual A/C resistor as it is like a hedgehog design. It looks like replacement isn't too difficult and an original part can be had for about £40.

Assuming Vauxhall did a proper job for the recall, I would have thought the resistor would last longer than 18 months - could be an issue with the fan not turning properly causing it to overheat?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts