Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I annoyingly only got the one key with my Zafira (what do these people do with their spares???!!) and I have found that I can buy a key blank off of ebay and a used Zafira key and combine the 2, after getting the key cut, so I then have a spare and bypass the huge Vauxhall bill.

I have read up about how to programme the remote key so it works the locks, but my question is this; When programming the central locking does the immobiliser chip get programmed as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Ben

·
Registered
47 Posts
the only people who can program the buttons to lock/unlock is vauxhall as with the chip for imobiliser you must have car pass (otherwise £30 + vat )and the buttons must come from same same spec car ie. imobiliser/alarm got a mate in vauxhall cost me £32.57 all in!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. I need a second remote...

I can find on the interwebs a remote unit and blank key, and an un-programmed chip all for less than 20 quid..

knowing that the bloke in tesco can provide me with the remote control key all programmed etc for £130+ says he has the kit to code the chip. when the shop is a little quiet I plan on asking if he will cut and program my key and chip sortta like under the counter :)..

failing that, the actual cutting of the key is the easy bit and with an afternoon with nothing better to do, with a set of small files and a dremmel, I think its possible to cut the key myself, then take the spare key I have which is a non remote one and extract the chip for the ecu and then glue it into the remote keyfob...

its worth a try...

When I get time I will have a go and post pics on the forum lol

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I bought my key from ebay for my Zafira A. Bought a opcom unit. Bought a blank ID40 chip, bought a used central locking fob and cut and programmed the ID40 chip to the immobilser and the central locking fob to my car in about 5 minutes. Its a peice of cake. You do need the pass code to be able to do the programming in the immobiliser and you will also need the code if the car has an alarm so you can program the remote fob.

I think the whole lot cost me 50 quid but the opcom unit has paid for itself 50 times over doing jobs on other cars as its capable of diagnostics too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts