Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the zafira and just had my spare stolen.

What are my options for a (second hand)replacement wheel for a '06 1.8 active?
I have 205/55/16 tyres.
Vauxhall dealer says i should only use a 16" full size steel wheel and not a 15" or a 16" space saver. Are vectra C wheels compatible ?
What do people think? I'd appreciate any tips as cars are not my strong point.
I love the car but am gutted about the achilles heel spare wheel. I changed cars to save money and am now paying out for something i hope never to use. Sorry to moan but I bet there are lots of you who feel like this too...
Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I kind of know where you are coming from, my moel comes with a can of foam, as I found out it's not much use when you suffer a blowout, I'm thinking of getting a space saver just incase, so I'm sure you can do ther same, my local vauxhall garage said you can get them. It's got to be cheaper than a full size wheel after all, and it's only for emergency only.

·
Registered
56 Posts
most 5 stud wheels fit from,astra ,vectra,loads in scrapyards,if they pinched cage as well,ebay is best bet,but not cheap even 2nd hand,once replaced u could try using cheap bicycle lock from halfords ???

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
what you need is a 195/65 r15 five stud wheel,this has the same rolling rotation as the wheels that are already fitted to your zafira.this is classed as a space saver but this is what you would have already had,this is the standard spare wheel for you wheel size,you would only had the 205/55 16ifyou had 17",18"0R 19" wheels fitted.
i hope this helps,craig.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yes you can buy a complete kit of ebay for around £95.all you need is a deep thirteen socket and a torx screw driver.
i hope this helps,craig.

·
Registered
1 Posts
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="height:200px;min-height:200px;"><td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">
Hi, I'm new to the zafira as well, and i have just purchased a 1.8 Elite (B) type 2008 model fitted with nice shiny 16" alloys (205/55 16 tyres) which i will **** in the next few months! WHY?

I use this car as a Taxi and its been converted to LPG (It came with squirty foam and a mini compressor too) - the LPG dougnut sits where the spare went before Vauxhall stopped fitting them as std

NOW - I need a spare or spare set of wheels (prep steel) to live in my garage or a space saver too to carry (what size is the standard space saver on these (B type when supplied) ?)

NOW as this is a taxi and the alloys will at some point get "destroyed in seconds" due the vast amount of potholes n driving i get up and potholes i fall into too !

CAN someone help me with this (rolling rotation understood) DO Zafira A 15" wheels fit a Zafira B with 16" wheel like mine (enough clearance for brakes etc)

Also had to change dark tinted rear glass (rear doors and rear window) to get this tho taxi regs - so have a set (minus body bonded rear quarter panel panes) if anyone wants it Andover area

Thanks

</td></tr></t></table>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts