Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a zafira 2008 with 18 inch rims , no spare wheel got one of those stupid aerosol things, so can i get a 18 inch wheel spare and cage ,jack etc and fit it . or will it be too big to go in the cage and i will have to get a 16 inch steelie . if anyone has 18 inch ims can they have a look see if it fits into the cage save me spending loads on something that wont work

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jampcha,

If you go for the 16" steel rim, you will have to work out the difference in the two profiles - in respect of outside edge to outside edge of the tyre . . . . to measured when the tyre is on the rim?

You would need to do this to make sure that, if you ever had to put the 16" steel rim/tyre on the Zaf as a spare, that the 'rolling circumfrence' of both tyres is the same. ;)

If the edge to edge measurement is different, you will need to buy a tyre that is of a suitable profile so as when you put it on the steel rim, it becomes the same size as, and behaves the same as the 18" rim on the other side.

I realise this is not maybe something that will occur to everyone, but it really needs thinking about, i'm sure you will agree?

Regards,

Grim. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
If i was you i wouldnt use an alloy as a spare!!! i it will get marked in the cage as they are always wider than the tyre and 2 numerious people have had there spare wheel stolen from the cage on zafiras!!! cheers daddycool

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spare wheel is very important for car. when we are going out side and anything happen to the car and there is a puncture in the wheel so at that time our spare wheel is helpful. if we don't have spare wheel than how can we come . so always it is good to have a spare wheel.

·
Registered
300 Posts
</pre>DON'T USE THAT FOAM IN YOUR TIRES AS PUNCTURES CANNOT BE MENDED WITH THAT STUFF IN THEM AND IT WILL COST YOU A NEW TIRE.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive just managed to get a brand new 16" space saver wheel and tyre for 99p off ebay, yes 99p. didnt think the guy was going to contact me for that price but he did. well chuffed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2010 SRi (replacement for a 2002) which, as above, doesnt have a spare ... actually doesnt have the basket or tyre.Anyone know if you can retrofit a spare 'basket' and whether an 18" spare will fit? I followed Grim's logic but not sure how you confirm whether the space saver will be the same circumference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i looked for a spare wheel cage for mine but im not paying 100 quid for one. and from what ive read about spare wheels getting nicked i wouldnt want an 18" rim getting stolen even if you can fit one in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts