Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a zafira 2008 with 18 inch rims , no spare wheel got one of those stupid aerosol things, so can i get a 18 inch wheel spare and cage ,jack etc and fit it . or will it be too big to go in the cage and i will have to get a 16 inch steelie . if anyone has 18 inch ims can they have a look see if it fits into the cage save me spending loads on something that wont work

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jampcha,

If you go for the 16" steel rim, you will have to work out the difference in the two profiles - in respect of outside edge to outside edge of the tyre . . . . to measured when the tyre is on the rim?

You would need to do this to make sure that, if you ever had to put the 16" steel rim/tyre on the Zaf as a spare, that the 'rolling circumfrence' of both tyres is the same. ;)

If the edge to edge measurement is different, you will need to buy a tyre that is of a suitable profile so as when you put it on the steel rim, it becomes the same size as, and behaves the same as the 18" rim on the other side.

I realise this is not maybe something that will occur to everyone, but it really needs thinking about, i'm sure you will agree?

Regards,

Grim. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
If i was you i wouldnt use an alloy as a spare!!! i it will get marked in the cage as they are always wider than the tyre and 2 numerious people have had there spare wheel stolen from the cage on zafiras!!! cheers daddycool

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spare wheel is very important for car. when we are going out side and anything happen to the car and there is a puncture in the wheel so at that time our spare wheel is helpful. if we don't have spare wheel than how can we come . so always it is good to have a spare wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2010 SRi (replacement for a 2002) which, as above, doesnt have a spare ... actually doesnt have the basket or tyre.Anyone know if you can retrofit a spare 'basket' and whether an 18" spare will fit? I followed Grim's logic but not sure how you confirm whether the space saver will be the same circumference.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i looked for a spare wheel cage for mine but im not paying 100 quid for one. and from what ive read about spare wheels getting nicked i wouldnt want an 18" rim getting stolen even if you can fit one in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts