Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I wondered if someone could give me a few pointers.

The last couple of days my Zafira has started stalling almost everytime I press the clutch in when driving... regardless of whether I have the air con on or not.

It used to do it when I didn't have the air con on but was fine when it was switched on. I don't know if this is relevant but it did start happening not long after the air con was re-gassed.

Today it disconnected the MAF plug and the car did not stall but was very unhappy everytime i had to set off from stationary or tried to speed up from a very low speed. If was fine going at normal speeds... does this mean that it is probably an issue with my MAF sensor???

I am not the most 'technical' when it comes to cars and have read about stalling issues being caused by MAFs, EGRs (and blanking them off)and gunk so don't really know where to start and i'm worried about getting screwed by a garage.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Matt P.S. I think mine is an X18XE1

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had similar problems but not stalling, I've replaced my MAF but this did nothing, my engine management light hasn't come on yet just running really crap to be honest. At a guess it's probably your egr valve as it would appear that these get clogged up very easy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts