Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon people.
Previous to owning my zaffy B I had an A. When using the air con on recycled cabin air the windows would mist up. To clear this you would just turn the recycle off. The tone of the blower would change and almost instantly things would clear.
Now, I have a problem with my Zaffy b, when ever I put the blower on more than setting 1 it mist's up the windows, whether I have it on cabin recycle or not. When I press the recycle button the light comes on but nothing else happens. The tone doesn't change, the car doesn't mist up any worse or start to clear.
Has any one had problems with the intake for the blower jamming or seizing and does any one know how to get to it to check?
Your help would be greatfully received.
Mick

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same issue with the Zaf A I had but I haven't had any steam up issues with the B I now have. Sorry

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good afternoon.
Just thought I'd update you.
Removed the glovebox and the cover on the blower was open to the recirculation but the button wasn't pressed. After a look around it appears that the lever that operates the cover isn't attached to anything at the bottom. The motor is turning when the button is pressed but it looks like the splines go round at least 3 times.
There appears to be some parts missing.
Does anyone know if this should have some kind of gear on the side?

Mick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has done the same. The motor has become disconnected, it looks like the lever has been forced off. It would appear to be because the motor runs for too long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts