Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Recently bought a 52 plate 1.8 petrol Zafira. Been great for first couple of weeks but now i have a problem I think. In laymans terms,I have to thrash the engine to gain any significant speed. I dont mean racing! but today travelling to work i was struggling to reach 45mph and yet the engine was screaming and the revs were up at 5000rpm.......i was in 5th gear. This cannot be right surely??
I have heard a lot about a throttle valve or housing that can become coked up and cause this issue. Could cleaningthis be the remedy? And if so where on the engine is it?
Thanks in advance for any help folks , i'm really baffled. Dont want to go to a dealer....the ones near me are notorious rip off merchants.

·
Registered
47 Posts
id like to bet its the dual mass flywheel or clutch mine done the same its expensive it should of cost £600-£800 for the flywheel and £150 - £250 for clutch + fitting!!! i had a huntaround and got them for £570 inc vat fitted them myself

·
Registered
47 Posts
sorry didnt read it right it will be nice to here the outcome as mine same thing it was the flywheel
p.s you could red line mine 50mph max clutch was brand new by the previous owner with the bill couldnt make it out it was the flywheel changed it full power again!Edited by: markyv1968

1 - 6 of 6 Posts