Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - I'm new to this forum and desperate for a solution to a strange technical problem.

2006 1.6 Zafira Club- the central locking doesn't work at all, but otherwise the car runs fine.

I've tried a few things, like checking the central lockingfuses both in the boot and under the bonnet, and they are both intact and not blown. I've also tried to re-setor re-synchronise the the key/car without success.

However the strange thing is that when checking the fuses I accidentally swapped around two of the fuses, I think it was "Engine Electrics" and "Transmission Electronics", thought I'd finished, and hey presto the central locking worked. But I tried to start the engine and it didn't start.

So from the User's Manual I worked out the correct fuse locations and put them back. Now the car starts perfectly but the central locking still doesn't!

Would really appreciate any advice anyone can offer....

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi mate did u solve your proplem becouse i v got 100% the same proplem how did u solve it appreciate it if u can help me or u can phone me on 07891791041 sam thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
graham said:
Hi there - I'm new to this forum and desperate for a solution to a strange technical problem.

2006 1.6 Zafira Club- the central locking doesn't work at all, but otherwise the car runs fine.

I've tried a few things, like checking the central lockingfuses both in the boot and under the bonnet, and they are both intact and not blown. I've also tried to re-setor re-synchronise the the key/car without success.

However the strange thing is that when checking the fuses I accidentally swapped around two of the fuses, I think it was "Engine Electrics" and "Transmission Electronics", thought I'd finished, and hey presto the central locking worked. But I tried to start the engine and it didn't start.

So from the User's Manual I worked out the correct fuse locations and put them back. Now the car starts perfectly but the central locking still doesn't!

Would really appreciate any advice anyone can offer....

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
300 Posts
hi graham,like Abu try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes to see if it resets anything if not test all the fuses properly as you cannot always tell by looking at them it one has blown,also check for broken wires in the looms between the doors and pillars as these are prone to breaking on zafira's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The fault has followed the fuse because one of the fuses is almost certainly duff, swap both fuses with new ones and hopefully problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts