Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Im hoping someone can help me out, its starting to get on my nerves now as cars have a good way of doing,
Ive got a 1.8 52 plate Zafira with a weird heater problem,
Here goes, when driving locally and the car heats up the heater works a treat, nice hot air, but when on a long run the temp on the dash hits rock bottom and just cold air blows out, i get back into town driving and the car heats up and the hot air blows again,
All ive done so far was start the car with the water bottle top of which i was told should push any air blocks out of the system, both pipes running into the bulk head get really hot, ive got no clicking noises like ive read in other posts, and when stationary the switch will run both hot and cold when turned,
Like i said its getting on my nerves now, dont want to take it to a garage to pay a fortune for them to change every part going to get to the issue,
Please has any body got any ideas on here, ive read through post where they say they have no heat what so ever, where as this just hasnt when driving on quicker roads,
ThanksLee

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like the thermostat is stuck open. Does it take a long time for the car to get up to temperature?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HiYeah it seems to take ages to get warm,
I was told that there could possibly be an air block, so to overcome this the guy at the garage said to run the car with the water bottle cap off, this will force any air blocks out of the system, does this make sense STRANTON,
When i done this the heat seemed to be alot hotter in the car but didnt last long,
ThanksLee

·
Registered
61 Posts
If it takes an age to get warm, then the chances are excellent its the thermostat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts