Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up 14 zafira 2.0 sri diesel
My first possible problem is that it's cold in the car even with the heating on full
You can definitely feel hot air coming out but the car is feeling really cold even on a 25 mile journey to work. The temp gauge seems like it works as it climbs upto 90 and sits there. Once stopped and idling it does slightly go down to around 80. Any ideas on what this could be?
Thanks in advance people.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Could be air in the cooling system, trapped in the heater matrix, maybe cabin filter. Try bleeding the cooling system, not sure if it's the same on the Zafira C but for A and B to bleed you just remove the coolant expansion tank cap, put the heater on with speed 1 or 2, start the car and let it idle, rev it a little bit, do this for maybe 15-20 mins.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will give this a go tonight and see how I get on.. didn't know if this could have been a thermostat problem or something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried cap off and left running for around 20 mins with 2k revs didn't seem to make any difference at all. Any of u guys got any other suggestions that I may try?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Put your heater on fan 2 with recirc on, let it get hot a bit then after that go to the engine bay near the firewall, in the back there will be 2 hoses, heater matrix hoses and check it 2-3 times and see if both of them are getting hot

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again I will give this a try in morning and make sure coolant is at max i will update tomorrow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes coolant is full to max and seems normally colour redish.. checked matrix pipes both hot as well maybe possible that this is they way it is as there is loads of heat from the heaters just the car feels cold inside

·
Registered
52 Posts
Em.. I changed my thermostat once and since then my heater has been weaker so there is possibility it could be thermostat or you could try flush the cooling system since the heater matrix can get gunked up but it could just be that's how that car is

1 - 13 of 13 Posts