Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken some photos which i will be uploading in this post.

Can anyone help me find it and if i even have one as i need to replace it as it has gone bad, symptoms are that of the EGR valve as everything else has been replaced/fixed.

This is a 2010 Zafira mkII if you need the reg then please let me know.

I have high fuel consumption
Sluggish take off
Engine performance terrible

I have replaced gaskets
I have replaced spark plugs
I have replaced coil pack
Exhaust has been replaced as was going bad.

IF you can see the EGR Valve please circle in one of the pictures below and then let me know so I can find it to then buy a replacement
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bumper Automotive exterior

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Automotive tire White Rim Wood Synthetic rubber

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Tread Fender

Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't think the Zafira B 1.6 has an EGR valve, the Zafira A did. As for your performance problem check the MAF sensor and clean it, any warning lights on your car? check vacuum lines, do you have coolant loss issues?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the Zafira B 1.6 has an EGR valve, the Zafira A did. As for your performance problem check the MAF sensor and clean it, any warning lights on your car? check vacuum lines, do you have coolant loss issues?
Where is the MAF sensor located , is it in one of the photos ? If you look up my reg on car parts they say it has an egr, I don't mind giving the reg if that helps get all the right details.

It's a zafira exclusiv 1.6 2010 A3010 series I believe but nothing seems to point to anything else.

There is a check engine management light on which I believe is down to this problem , if the car does have an egr valve it is listing all the symptoms of one going bad.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I may be wrong, it might have an EGR. Have a look at this thread. It looks to be under the wiring loom near battery side.

·
Registered
153 Posts
With bad IAT, you may get check engine, rough idle, bad fuel economy and sometimes lack of power but I would suggest spraying some electrical cleaner on it first, very simple and easy thing to do, also did you check if you have an EGR valve?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With bad IAT, you may get check engine, rough idle, bad fuel economy and sometimes lack of power but I would suggest spraying some electrical cleaner on it first, very simple and easy thing to do, also did you check if you have an EGR valve?

Was unable to see if I can find it , seems like euro car parts says I have either the flat bodied type or chunky version but cannot make it's mind up at all.

Here's hoping I don't have one but if I do I will just replace as it's cheap enough, I have ordered a iat sensor in case cleaning doesn't work I will just replace and test etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have managed to get this on a code reader op-com and vaux-com software and found 2 errors which relate to coolant temp sensor low voltage and the other is camshaft solenoid

I have managed today to do one of the solenoids and will attempt to do the other tonight in the hopes that i dont mess it up as going away for a trip tomorrow XD

But for anyone seeing this, the code reader gave me them, i may when i am away get the coolant temp sensor replaced if i can find a euro car parts to get one asap, then it will have no errors to show once this is all done !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts