Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just brought a 06 plate zafira sri cdti 150 is it a bad sign when it makes a whistleing noise from the turbo when reved up and driving this does not affect the power but i was a vectra sri petrol owner and was wondering if this is the norm?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have bought the same model car on 55 plate 86000miles fvsh. Has a noise when turbo spins up at about 2000rpm. not your normal whistle but a bit of a grunt noise. Had a mechanic look at it he says everything seems fine and some cars just have their own noises, he seems to think it is induction noise and is difficult to diagnose because it only happens when it is under load not when its sat in the garage revving it. Not totally convinced probably will take it for 2nd opinion.

·
Registered
300 Posts
hi tom8mc,
have a look round your turbo it might just be an air leak, tighten up the clips and check air intake pipework, also gaskets, make sure all manifold bolts tight.
is your air filter clean as this could make the turbo work harder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have just bought a 2010 zafira sri 150 diesel and the turbo started whistling last night is this anything to worry about ive had the 6 weeks ands its 13 months old 11,000 miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ref you last on whistling turbo yes it is the norm but mine blew up along with my inlet manifold was a loud whistle though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
seany1973 said:
i have just bought a 2010 zafira sri 150 diesel and the turbo started whistling last night is this anything to worry about ive had the 6 weeks ands its 13 months old 11,000 miles
take it back to where you bought it and get it checked as a turbo coming apart and being sucked into your engine will upset you and your wallet as vauxhall will try to get out of doing the repair saying "if you heard it whisteling you should have driven it".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts