Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm looking for some help with my 2003 2.0 DTI Zafira. I recently bought this car and brought it back from Birmingham with out any trouble. I parked it up for a week while sorting out insurance and such like, but when I went to start it I got nothing but the fan running non stop and the engine not starting.The engine does turn over, but does not actually start up. The fans run continuously accept for when you are trying to start the car and when you first turn the ignition on, this consequently keeps killing the battery. So I am now just stuck in never ending circle fans and flat battery and no engine start!!The "Electronically controlled engine cooling light" stays only ON on the dash and apart from that there are no other signs of what the problem could be................Can anyone please HELP!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I have bought a scanner and have discovered with the help of this piece of kit that the Cooling Fan ECU has gone. I have bought a new one and as soon as I get it I will fit it and see what happens.Will keep you posted.If you find out anything before I do, please let me know.Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There
Our fault was traced to be from the main ECU to a relay board that controls the fan among other things, it took the techie chap a while to figure it out and we had a couple of days worried that the ECU had failed. This is an expensive (£1500) job on these as it is part of the fuel pump quite ticky to get out and repair.

We were very relieved when it was found to be a broken cable (red and yellow I think) in the loom and a conecctor has so far sorted the problem.

I hope you have had success with your issue too.

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I have bought a Crank Shaft Sensor in the hope that it may do the trick, but I'm not sure it will. I have searched through the car a bit and found a Ryder TF1170-2 smart relay that become rotten and decayed. It was located near the battery and since I have removed the fan has sorted itself out. Is there any way you could take a picture and/or give me more details on the problem you had, as I'll go down any route possible if it means I can get this car to start again!
Many thanks, John.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi my name is dave, just wondered where the broken wire was on your vehicle as the same problem with mine, many thanks if you could reply

1 - 7 of 7 Posts