Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Hope I am doing this right. I just bought a Zafira Elegance 2.0dti. I bought it from a chap in Birmingham and it started and ran fine when I went to go and see it. It drove down fine and due to shopping around for insurance it stood outside my place for a week. When I finally decided to drive it it would not start. After much trying it eventually started and ran fine for the day. I then tried it two days later and the battery does its bit and something turns but there is nothing after that. To describe it in the only way I can the starting part is OK but the actual igniting part is not happening. I heard that Zafiras can give starting issues on a slope so tried it on level ground. I also replaced the fuel cap as I lost mine and heard this can also cause starting issues. I bought the car knowing that it has not been serviced for the last 20 000 miles but all seemed fine. To me it sounds as if no fuel is coming through but could possible also be an immobiliser problem. I have no clue what to do next - any ideas???

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will probably be able to tell very quickly that this is not a technical viewpoint, I am just repeating what the garage has told me, but here goes.

My zafira has been into and out of the garage for a few days now trying to fix a starting problem. The mechanic tells me that many vauxhalls have problems due to a broken seal on the fuel line where it enters the engine block (or something like that). The seal often fails, letting air into the fuel line which causes it to syphon back into the tank.

When you turn the engine over in the morning, there's nothing in the engine, so it keeps going until the fuel is forced into the engine and it starts, if your battery and alternator are up to the strain! You won't notice any difference if the car only sits for an hour or two, as the fuel won't have had time to drain down.

I am told it is a big job getting into the necessary areas to do the work, but it is possible to buy a kit to replace the seal, return pipes and other bits and bobs affected.

Hope this helps and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts