Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finishing rebuild of head, car will only run on easy start. In-tank pump working okay, fuel in and out of filter and through pressure regulator and out of return line to tank. To get to the fuel rail it must be going through the HP pump. I have used a full can of spray and when not spraying engine stops. Latest pedal test shows the following codes. P0070, P0087, P0090, P0500. I thought taking the head off was torture but this is beating it. Being a geezer who cut his teeth on bikes and cars in the 1960's , I have not fully got into Fault codes and ECU activities so be gentle with me! I have an Op-com (ebay) but don't know how to get it to work ( dinosaur I know!). If somebody could explain the ECU logic with reference to the various inputs in the fuel system I would appreciate it.

A more basic question is that I seem to have a spare wire with a ring terminal coming out of the loom with the other 2 cables to the Denso 2 wire alternator. I didn't disconnect it and left the Alternator wired up when I did the head job. I am hoping it is there in case a 3 wire alternator was fitted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had an old 2.0ltr dti with a similar issue after replacing the high pressure pump. It had been standing for about a year during this process mainly down to time constraints. In the end I was advised to tow start it. The explanation was that the piston rings were sticking and therefore I wasn't getting the compression it needed. Took 2 attempts being dragged behind my brothers motor but it went and once I'd got it all back together properly ran perfectly fine and started everytime.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts