Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my 1999 1.6 petrol zafira is running super rich and fouling plugs even after changing lamba and air sensor and cleaning throttle body i also chainged oil and filter and added injector cleaner, new coil pack, air filter. But she still high on hydrocarbons or unburnt fuel really crusty hard deposits on the old plugs but still fouling the new ones she pull fine starts fine some times has varying revs above idle bounces say 500 up and down but not always stilll oddtho, no lights on dash cant get any fault codes ether its odb1 i think and dont work with odn2 readers iv heard. she done 75000 miles is in fair nick for 21 so dont mind paying but bin suggested its ecu not taking signals or the cat im new to modernish cars but can a cat make a car run rich it has a sensor before cat not after i have read a post on hear saying a new cat did not solve the hydrocarbon issue and they changed what i have but that was from 2013 with no solution. any ideas greatly appreciated

·
Registered
75 Posts
Where are you located? Could have a look if you are near sheffield.
With the bouncing idle if it is what you are describing make sure there are no vacuum leaks
Alternatively get the car really hot take it for a good spin before your MOT, and take it to be tested after.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the bouncing idle if it is what you are describing make sure there are no vacuum leaks
Alternatively get the car really hot take it for a good spin before your MOT, and take it to be tested after.
hi bud erm its odd it idles steady but at any revs above idle occasionally starts bouncing mot guy said cant get good reading if revs not steady but was fine rev wise on second test and still failed. i tried looking up bouncing revs but all that comes up is the ide issues not above idle. air leaks i have sprayed easy start over some places with no effect inn case of bad manifold gasket and such but maybe some pipes or something. im in Oldham bud ( iv bin told a good run could help it was sat for 4 or 5 years )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi bud just a update iv found ther was no power going to egr after learning it has one and then found three fuses missing replaced them and egr operates but the white smoke and black plugs still happening my bud thinks as it had water lock few years ago ( was my grandads so know history) and supposedly had a new head gasket but seams like it was not changed annoyingly its hardly done any miles since and now egr operating thers bubbles in the radiator expansion tank. and apparently only cylinder 4 exhaust goes to egr so possibly water getting it to intake manifold through egr and cylinder 4 and messing with the fuel mix

1 - 4 of 4 Posts