Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 2004 Zafira Design 1.8 and I'm a bit confused as to whether it has the correct tyres on it.

The tyres on the car are all 195/65 R15, but in the tyre pressures section of the manual there's a separate section headed 'Design' which gives a different tyre size for that model.

Here's the page of the manual. I've highlighted the bits that are confusing me...

So is this saying that I should really have 205/55 R16 tyres on a 1.8 Design? Does the second tyre size (225/45) just apply if you're using the Michelin Pilot Primacy tyres?

The way they've laid out the information makes it really hard to understand if that's what they're saying. I'm inclined to believe that the tyres I have now are probably the right ones, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
it should have 16" wheels on it but if you have 15" wheels on it it means they have been changed sometime but this is not a problem it means cheaper priced tyres.the only zafiras to have 17" wheels are gsi's and some sri's.it recommends the tyres but there is no need to go out and buy them.
i hope this helps,craig.

·
Registered
5 Posts
m running bilsteinshocks on mine all round and very pleased with
them,im using apex springs with 30 mm drop,but not impressed with rear
springs as they dont sit tight enough on bottomspring locators and
could be subject to moving slightly,don't give me that feeling of
confidence,fronts ok tho,but they are 'dropped' and u are lookin for
standard,standard shocks dont give u the option to adjust camber so
bolts go back exactly as u removed them,i'm guessing that if u go
further up bilstein range u do get this option but do u need to