Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At random times the car loses all power, engine management light comes on and then won't rev over 3k (Limp Mode), it has been into the garage and as it's randomly happens they have not been able to diagnose.

Pedal test not bringing up anything either.

Seems BBC Watchdog did an article about the fuel pumps & regulators on 2.2 engines back in 2009 but to my knowledge Vauxhall didn't do a recall, not sure as the car is 14 years old they would do anything now anyway if they had???

I'm sure a garage would quote me about the worth of the actual car to fix so a bit frustrating bar that it's a nice 1st car for me and would love it to just be a bit more reliable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update..... This has now got so bad that we had to get picked up by the RAC and brought home.

It's not random now but a constant problem that everytime the car starts the engine management light with the spanner comes on and the car will not rev above 3k.

Pedal test reveals no codes, is it worth buying a diagnostic tool? And if so any advice on which one?

Borrowed a Bluetooth OBD2 off a friend and although it does seem to pick up live readings off the car it still finds no faults, read the instructions on this and said not Vauxhall compatible (guessing that is just for codes???)

This is driving us nuts and moving house soon and so need the car!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.