Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ,

I have a 04 plate zafira a , The red led on the 2 button ( astra type ) alarm fob has never worked , i have replaced the battery aswell as checked the soldering connections as this is / was a common fault .All seems fineBut still nothing.

I am also now wondering if this vehicle has an alarm fitted as there is no-deactivation switch of the alarm on the headlining interior light ( above the rear veiw mirror ) .

Does anyone know where the sensors would be located ?. as when i pop'd off the interior switch there seems to be a electrical ribbon ( much like a cd / cdrw drive ribbon ) on the actuall interior harness. but no actuall sensor.- any ideas of where this may be located ?.

I ideally dont want to be pulling off the wheel arch liners to see if the vehicle has got a alarm siren attached to the chassis.

Any help would be much appreiated.

Regards

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
The alarm was fitted to Elegance and above models as standard. The sensors were fitted to the sides of the interior light - 2 round discs 1 each side. Also, there should be on both side rear windows, a orange wire around the edge of the window with ALARM at the bottom. Pressing both map light swithes together causes the LED in the hazard switch to flash meaning the sensors are switched off - handy if you have a dog! However, if this is missing, it looks like your remote is for the c' locking only. Now, suggest try a piece of card behind the battery to push it against the contact spikes.. works fine for me now!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts