Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, before I start looking top to bottom, does any one know where thediesel filter is located?
Rob.

·
Registered
56 Posts
did one couple of days ago real fun it was!!! rear of engine from top,take off plastic cover next to wiper blades,then bulkhead panel 10 mm bolts x4 which pulls/slides out,take off metal cap torx bolts x3,disconnect fuel lines small push/clip fittings(used 2 small screwdrivers on lugs),disconect elec plugs top and undereneath,whole filter slides up out of metal crash case-when out, filter housing splits in half when u undo locking ring(i used large oil filter tool),replace filter, refill bowl with fresh diesel,reassemble filter unit refit into car ala reverse!! not difficult but time consuming first time ,took me a good hour-but i'll be loads quicker next time i now know wot i'm doing ??? haynes manual really good photos etc-good luck! chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris, and the tips will help. did you have any trouble starting the car after the new filter was fitted?Rob

·
Registered
56 Posts
robpegs said:
Thanks Chris, and the tips will help. did you have any trouble starting the car after the new filter was fitted?
Rob
not if u refill bowl with fresh diesel,i'm guessing its self bleed system,but make life easy for u r self,no facility to manually prime,would be total pain in a*se if u had to remove again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts